Cancer is of different types like blood, throat, mouth, skin, etc. Cancer is a fatal disease and is highly widespread among people globally. Generally, it is a disease that arises when unusual cells grow ravingly in the body. However, if it is detected early, cancer does not cause life-threatening complications and thus can be effectively treated. However, on the other hand, once cancer starts affecting the body organs and their functionality, it is pretty challenging to treat it effectively.
Do All Cancers Cause Death?
The answer to this question is NO. When detected on time and at an early stage, cancer gets treated well and does not cause death. The doctors medicover put significant effort during the initial stage so that cancer does not turn fatal. As per the reports, 50 per cent of the people diagnosed with cancer live for upto ten years or more when early treatment is offered. Over the years, the cancer survival rate has drastically improved, and fewer people are dying.
Although, the underlying condition for a higher survival rate is early detection from max. If the cancer is not detected at an early stage, the condition worsens, and the individual might face life-threatening complications and situations.
How Does Cancer Progress?
It is a general way how the body functions. The human body produces new cells daily, replacing the damaged and old cells. However, cancer happens when the body’s immune system can’t handle the damaged cells, and new cell production continues. Therefore, the abundant cell production results in tumors that spread in other tissues and slowly in the organs, reducing their ability to function ideally.
The situation worsens more because the cancer tumors break off from the primary tumor and cause more tumors in the body. The process is called metastasis. Once they reach the blood system, they evade the entire body. Broadly, the blood cancer does not cause significant tumors yet can result in substantial life-threatening issues.
Video Credit – TED-Ed
Different Types Of Complications
Individuals with brain cancer or breast cancer are more likely to enter into fatal conditions. Here are some of the significant complications that arise due to cancer:
1. Underfeeding: Underfeeding or malnutrition is a common issue due to cancer. It generally arises when the tumors in the body absorb the essential nutrients, leaving an individual starving. Additionally, cancer treatment also causes loss of particular appetite leading to malnutrition. Hence, the chances of survival decline primarily.
2. Loss of Oxygen: Once the tumors reach the lungs, the oxygen rate in the body declines to its lowest, leading to the collapse of the lungs. Generally, it causes lung infection, troubled breathing, and inability to absorb oxygen.
3. Liver Damage: Liver damage is a general issue among people as the tumors limit the liver’s overall ability, causing it to function less. Jaundice is an ordinary issue that arises due to a lung tumor, making it a complicated life situation.
4. Excess Calcium: Calcium is good for the body; however, excess of everything is terrible. If the individual has bone cancer, the extra calcium will be released into the bloodstream. It will ultimately lower the functioning of the heart, muscles, and kidneys.
How To Reduce Health Complications?
Significant importance is given to prompt cancer detection to offer optimum treatment to the patient. Hence, it is suggested to undergo cancer screenings to detect early symptoms. Here are some ways by which fertility healthcare complications can be reduced. Take a look:
- Systematic Treatment: It includes the cure for the whole body and generally consists of some oral medications. Typically, chemotherapy is significantly used as a routine treatment. Other than this, hormone therapy, also known as endocrine therapy, is widely used.
- Localized Treatment: The localized treatment focuses on a particular body part rather than the whole body. The primary focus is to slow cancer growth and relieve the body from the underlying symptoms.
- Clinical Trials: Clinical trials are conducted for procedures that are not proven yet and are in the trial stage.
To sum up, cancer can cause life-threatening issues among individuals if not treated early. Generally, the problems occur due to underfeeding, lack of oxygen, liver damage, etc. however, the appropriate cancer treatments can prevent the further spread of the fatal disease.